Career Opportunities at K2 Insurance Services
K2 Insurance Services is growing and so are the career opportunities we offer.
We offer a unique opportunity to join an established company in growth mode while earning a competitive compensation package that includes benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and a 401(k) plan with generous employer match.
If you’re an insurance professional interested in career development opportunities with an innovative, rapidly growing company, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Positions Available
VMware SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
K2 Insurance Services, LLC is seeking a full-time VMware Systems Administrator to join its IT team at its office in Harrisburg, PA and San Diego, CA.
This position is newly created due to business growth and introduction of VDI architecture to several of our business units. The position will be focused on providing VMware infrastructure support and maintenance.
VMware Systems Administrator responsibilities include:
• Responsible for maintaining the virtual infrastructure hardware, operating systems, and VMs on servers which support business processing requirements.
• Maintain reliable, secure and high performing systems in a multi-site Windows Active Directory environment that consists of SQL servers, VMware vSphere 6.0 and VMware Horizon 7 infrastructure, Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers.
• Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMWare vCenter infrastructure.
• Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMWare ESXi infrastructure.
• Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMWare Horizon infrastructure.
• Maintain VM templates for building servers and creating Virtual Desktop Pools in the virtual environment.
• Proactively monitor event logs for changes or errors and take appropriate actions to resolve issues.
• Manage available virtual and storage resources within the infrastructure environment.
• Collaborate with team members to resolve problems.
• Perform upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages (VDI components, vSphere, Windows services, or other enterprise apps) as necessary.
• Create and maintain system documentation for updates made to the infrastructure.
• Participating in system updates (this may sometimes require work during non-standard business hours).
• Keeping up-to-date on hardware and software supported.
• Documenting procedures and resolution outcomes for future reference.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience or 5 years of related experience without the degree. VMware certification a plus and may qualify/trade as experience.
• Experience with SolarWinds, vCenter, WSUS.
• Experience with Microsoft’s Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
• Knowledge of Windows infrastructure technologies (AD, DNS, DHCP, MS Clustering)
• Experience managing VMware vSphere 6.x and VMware Horizon 7.x.
• Basic understanding of SAN configuration and administration.
• Basic understanding of computer networks, SonicWALL Firewalls, CISCO switches and routers.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills combined with strong customer service focus.
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn and support new technologies and work with minimal supervision.
• Experience with using virtualized systems to provide disaster recovery/business continuity is a plus.
• Experience managing VMware on hyper-convergence infrastructure is a plus.