Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc., an affiliate of Aegis Security Insurance Company and subsidiary of Aegis Security, Inc., is seeking a full-time Processing Specialist to join its Operations team at its San Diego, CA office.
Founded in 1977, Aegis Security, Inc. offers a diversified national platform of specialty insurance programs through its insurance companies and its general agency and full-service program administrator, Aegis General. Acquired by San Diego-based K2 Insurance Services in 2013, Aegis continues to expand its product distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and geographic diverity of its marketing and sales staff.
The Processing Specialist position is newly created due to business growth. Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and process paper and electronic applications for insurance.
- Process endorsements and renewals for insurance policies.
- Provide customer service for internal and external customers.
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media.
- Provide feedback to management for system and program enhancements.
- Assist in creating user manuals and workflows.
- Meet production and service level standards.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, and compliance audits.
Ideally, the Processing Specialist will have:
- High school diploma. Post-high school education a plus, but not required.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in personal lines insurance, with California P&C license a plus but not required.
- Strong Excel and Word skills and familiarity with Access or similar database software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Aegis General offers the opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our pay and benefits program includes competitive pay; bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and 401(k) with employer matching.
Learn more about Aegis General at aegisgeneral.com; Aegis Security Insurance Company at aegisinsurance.com; and K2 Insurance Services at k2ins.com. If Aegis General’s Processing Specialist opening seems like a good fit for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.