As discussed in previous blog posts, it is the employers’ sole responsibility to carry workers’ compensation coverage for their employees. While handling common employee errors in workers’ compensation cases is critical, so is establishing an effective return to work program. By being proactive and implementing this coverage before an employee is injured, business owners’ expenses and workers’ compensation liability can be reduced. Here are some steps to take toward a sound return to work program.
- Assign a dedicated member of the team to be responsible for implementing the program and enforcing its rules, says the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW).
- Ensure the program is reflective of your clients’ desire to have its employees return quickly. The policy should be committed to bringing employees back immediately and business owners need to ensure that each employee participates in this program in order for it to be effective.
- Educate owners and employees about the importance of such programs and how it relates to productivity, cost savings, and improved workplace morale.
- Seek medical attention immediately after an injury and maintain contact with the employee throughout his or her recovery.
- Once cleared by their doctor, employees should be encouraged to return to work as soon as possible.
The staff members at Midwestern Insurance Alliance are experts in providing Workers’ Compensation coverage, and view their relationship with policyholders as a partnership. To learn more, please contact MIA today.
At K2 Insurance Services, LLC, we are dedicated to creating a leading underwriting and distribution franchise both in the standard and specialty program insurance markets. K2 was formed by two insurance industry veterans with the purpose of acquiring managing general agents and developing multi-line programs. Our goal is to distribute innovative products through retail and wholesale distribution channels. To learn more about our services and partners, please contact us today at (855) 976-8113 or visit K2INS.COM.