Career Opportunities at K2 Insurance Services
K2 Insurance Services is growing and so are the career opportunities we offer.
We offer a unique opportunity to join an established company in growth mode while earning a competitive compensation package that includes benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and a 401(k) plan with generous employer match.
If you’re an insurance professional interested in career development opportunities with an innovative, rapidly growing company, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Positions Available
BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST
K2 Insurance Services is seeking a full-time Business Process Analyst to join its growing San Diego office.
The Business Process Analyst will interface with product managers, software vendors, and operations staff, with a focus on implementing high quality personal lines insurance platforms for the organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure clear definition, documentation, and communication on all aspects of the product and operational life cycle.
• Produce detailed requirements documentation for new programs, new functionality requests, bugs, and change requests.
• Complete UAT testing of new releases from vendor partners.
• Act as liaison between business users and vendor partners.
• Train users on new or enhanced systems or processes.
• Track, prioritize, and escalate issues with software vendor team.
• Strong facilitation of meetings with product, operations, and software vendor teams to drive requirements and design details.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technology.
• Minimum 3 years’ personal lines insurance experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ business analyst or quality analyst experience.
• Strong understanding of personal lines portals, rating, billing, forms, underwriting, and reports.
• Strong ability to produce quality detailed work while maintaining a sense of urgency.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under critical deadlines.
• Excellent written, verbal, listening, and negotiating skills.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Strong analytical, technical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team.
• Flexibility to travel occasionally.
• General agency and/or claims experience a plus.
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams a plus.
DATA REPORTING ANALYST
K2 Insurance Services is seeking a full-time Data Reporting Analyst to join its IS team in San Diego, CA or Harrisburg, PA. K2 Insurance, through its affiliated insurance companies and agencies, continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and geographic diversity of its marketing, sales, underwriting, and support staff.
Data Reporting Analyst responsibilities include:
• Assisting the data team and internal/external customers with development, troubleshooting, and maintenance of existing reports and ad-hoc requests.
• Management of existing data feeds, and development of new ETL processes.
• Fostering a work environment that includes active listening, team building, and ongoing dialogue and increases employee engagement.
• Continuous improvement of existing processes and workflow procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent work experience.
• At least two years of reporting and SQL Server experience (SSRS, SSIS, etc), with a fundamental knowledge of statistics, analysis, and data mining.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, with an ability to express business concepts in technical terms, and complex technical solutions in business terms.
• Strong attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of accurate reporting.
• Passionate and professional demeanor that supports a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
• SQL Server Certification, P&C insurance experience, familiarity with SalesForce, XML data feeds, statistical/regulatory reporting, or AS/400 system experience is a bonus.
IT SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
K2 Insurance Services is seeking a full-time Systems Support Specialist to join its IT team at its headquarters in San Diego, CA.
K2 Insurance, through its affiliated insurance companies and agencies, continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and geographic diversity of its marketing, sales, underwriting, and support staff.
IT Systems Support Specialist responsibilities include:
• Providing on-site and remote users with technical support, including troubleshooting assistance and problem resolution for PCs (laptops and desktops), printers and other peripherals, PC and server applications, databases, mobile devices, and remote access.
• Purchasing desktop hardware, installing software, configuring and setting up PCs, and installing and setting-up printers and other peripherals as necessary.
• Participating in system updates (this may sometimes require work during non-standard business hours).
• Keeping up-to-date on hardware and software supported.
• Documenting procedures and resolution outcomes for future reference.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree or certification(s) related to computer science or related field is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in using computers with Windows 7/10 operating systems.
• Three or more years’ experience supporting desktop software and hardware, including experience supporting MS Office/Office 365.
• Experience with documenting hardware and software changes using BMC Track-It.
• Experience managing VMware vSphere 6 and VMware Horizon a plus.
• Basic understanding of computer networks, CISCO switches and routers.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills combined with strong customer service focus.
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn and support new technologies and work with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility to occasionally work outside standard business hours.